Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Group Work Reflection

Since I am just returning from maternity leave, I had not completed the last lesson, but I was so impressed by what was created and implemented in my group.  It was interesting to see the different approaches used to deliver the same standards and to view the outcomes of the differing teaching styles and strategies.  I am looking forward to implementing the lesson through my persuasive writing instruction in the coming months.  I find that students are so intrigued by the Lost Colony of Roanoke, however, we brush past it so quickly.  Diving deeper into the theories of what happened to the lost colonists is a fantastic way to dive deeper into historical thinking about this early colonial time period, as well as introduce the persuasive writing genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment